Unique Project: M/Y Yas
This is an example of one of those unique projects were we are involved with. We are taking care of the complete alignment, mounting and chocking of the propulsion train of this mega yacht.
Our project scope for this project with code name Swift141 is:
- Delivery of a ShaftDesigner software package;
- 3D measurement with laser tracker of the propeller shaft bearing bores;
- Alignment with strain gauges and load test of the shafting line;
- Chocking and mounting with SKF Vibracons of the shaft bearings;
- Alignment and chocking with Epocast 36® of the gearboxes and main engines.
Please click here
to read a nice article about this project.
Former Dutch Navy vessel the Piet Heyn which was the basis for this yacht
Connecting a strain gauge on one of YAS's shafts